There are many options and integrations you can leverage to boost your online fundraising with RaiseDonors.
Of course, not every nonprofit needs to use all of RaiseDonors’ features to be successful.
In fact, I would discourage anyone from simply turning on features without also tracking if there are impacts (both positive and negative) on giving.
However, there are a few core functionalities I think every nonprofit should at least consider.
The RaiseDonors PayPal integration is one of those “must-consider” features.
So if you haven’t discovered our PayPal integration yet, then read this post and see how you can increase conversion rates simply by turning on this powerful feature!
Why use the PayPal integration?
1. Your donors recognize and trust the PayPal brand.
Donors have been seeing the PayPal brand online since 1998, well before the financial tech world exploded in the 2000’s.
Most online shoppers—87.5% to be exact—have used PayPal, with at least 80 million of them taking advantage of PayPal’s One Touch feature.
It’s a good bet that many of your donors have used or are currently using PayPal.
PayPal’s high brand recognition brings a strong degree of brand trust.
2. PayPal is secure.
As one of the earliest online payment methods, PayPal is well-known for its security.
PayPal provides secure donation processing in several ways…
- PayPal encrypts the data being sent and received with every transaction. This means the donor’s financial information isn’t accessible even to the nonprofit it’s sent to.
- PayPal users can enable a second authorization feature making every transaction doubly secure.
- PayPal does not require their users to pay any unauthorized purchases or donations from their accounts if it is reported within 60 days.
- PayPal will only work with verified 501(c)3 charities.
- PayPal inspects donations for fraud.
While there is a certain level of trust that comes through the high brand recognition, PayPal’s security features are industry-leading.
3. First-time donor conversion rates have been known to increase simply by having the PayPal badge on the giving page.
Ok, this is admittedly anecdotal… but among those we work within the online giving space, we’ve repeatedly heard reports that online giving rates increase on donation pages that simply feature the PayPal badge.
It seems that—when paired with traditional options like credit card and ACH—simply having the option of giving via PayPal can help boost conversion rates.
PayPal is known for security and confidence.
Even if your donors don’t use the PayPal option to facilitate their gift, the fact that you’ve been vetted by PayPal seems to make a significant difference in the number of gifts given on the page.
And for me, that is the top reason you should consider turning on the PayPal integration option on your RaiseDonors’ giving page!
For more help with digital giving options, contact us today!